31.10.10

Philippine Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2011

I'd like to give an honest opinion about last night's show. It was my first Philippine Fashion Week and i'm a bit disappointed. Don't get the wrong, the designers and their collections were awesome, people embraced fashion, models were like angels - they to me were life-sized dolls, the music - fantastic, but if you put them all together - the event as a whole - was ahhhmmm so-so. Every piece of the event was working but when you put them all together something is missing. But i'd like to give kudos to whoever directed the show - it takes a pro to organize big events. I was expecting a louder clap from the audience, more woooows, some oooohhhs and ahhhhhs maybe, few nods or maybe a startled look but nothing seemed to excite them. No discussion from the people behind me. There were live tweets - that I am sure of.

Then something happened right in the middle of Don Protasio's collection the music died. That was a three-minute heartbeat stopper. We clapped in honor of the designer, but the show must go on. Music was back for a few seconds then it went out again. Ok this is the part that I like about the audience, everyone was so quiet. I felt like there's some godly feel about fashion shows that if something goes wrong people respect the imperfection, just like that, just like last night.

As for me and my friends we were so excited. Standing behind privileged audiences my eyes were busy looking for celebrities, known people from the media and familiar faces from the fashion industry. I may have spotted some but I don't know their names.

My camera lense isn't good, we were at the back standing, I can't get a good picture yet I was so preoccupied taking pictures. I'd post them anyway, they're not of good quality but the designs were amazing. We were there for Herbert Custodio, he's my friend's friend.

Last night's designers were Bo Parcon, Dimple Lim, Donn Protasio Jot Losa, Russell Villafuerte, Anthony Cesar Ramirez, Donn Delantar, Enrico Carado, Herbert Custodio, Kermit Tesoro, Oz Go, Xernan Ortico.

Mabuhay Philippine Fashion Industry!!! See you again next year!

Before the show

Yan and Me :)
Lovers Andrew and Yan. LOL (more like a girlfriend relationship) :D

The Show.

The show  started when models were showing off Vaio laptops - P series. (gahh, i want one. Black!)

Bo Parcon's Collection. I wish I had a closer look, I really like what this girl was wearing.

Donn Protasio's Yellow (?) and Black. Reminds me of Pixar's "The Incredibles"

Russell Villafuerte: His collection reminds me of Croton Petra plants. His finale dress is cute. This was the part when Yan said she didn't like the masks the girls were wearing. She said it was eerie. LOL
Xernan Ortico's collection reminds me of bugs.

Enrico Carado's collorful insect inspired dresses. I think this is the chic version of Xernan's collection.

Herbert Custodio's  sporty funky collection. I like how he incorporated brilliant-chic colors to sports wear.

This pretty collection is by Jot Losa. He's behind the models wearing pink pants and white top. I like the color of his finale dress. It was a combination of soft pink and off white color which gives you a very chic, light and classy feel.

Kermit Tesoro's collection reminds me of Alexander McQueen. These girls were wearing the first picture (sort of) shoes. His dresses were the most exciting collection i've seen from last night's event.

Oz Go's collection spells SUMMER. These swimwear were really cute, I like his finale dress but i'm pretty sure none of these will fit me. Let's see come summer 2011.

Anthony Cesar Ramirez's - as my housemate would have described it - neat collection.

After the show.


Andrew, Yan, Dockie and myself. We didn't ask someone to take a picture of us because everyone's busy taking their own picture so one of us must suffer. LOL


Gorgeous skyscarpers!! Amazing Supermodels!!!! Can you name these ladies (and the gent) please please please?!

 Finally, my favorite strangers. I love how they looked at my camera and smiled. Thank you very much. 

By the way I won Rajo Laurel's premium ticket to his Wharton Show. Sad part? I just read my email today. boooo. Rajo, I could have seen your collection. :( Thank you for your generosity.

Now that's my invitation right there!

1 comment:

  1. One big reason why the people around you were so quite during the show is that most of the people who attend/watches Philippine Fashion Week are all "fashion fanatics", and not real buyers or are not knowledgeable enough to absorb what every artist/designer on that show wanted to express (sad but true). Please don't forget that the group show you watched was the "visions and trends" show. It's where all the avant-garde slash art-savy designers collide as one for the fashion week show.

    The models above that you asked for names are Justine Gabionza, Marc Nash, and Jyra Janeiro.

    Nice blog. *bye

    ReplyDelete